Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Featured Artisan - Lisa Naymola

.
Title: Beach


Title: Sit A While


Title: Sunflower

Biography

By Lisa Naymola

I have been interested in photography since childhood, when I took pictures with my 110 camera - images of where I live and when traveling. Then, eventually I went to 35mm film and later a point and shoot digital camera.

Along this journey, I would improve my photography by taking workshops, classes, learning new techniques and hands on learning.

What I enjoy about photography is capturing a moment of time and evoking an emotions within myself that attract me to the subject - whether the subject is people, landscapes, nature, still life, action, or motion.  I enjoy sharing my photos with family and friends.

These photographs are an example of one of the special techniques I learned, called Polaroid Manipulations. It is an older technique using instant film. Once the photo instantly develops, I then physically manipulate the photo, using a rounded stylus.

What I like about this technique is that I can work on the images in the field, and the images take on a painterly appearance, which take them to an artistic level.


Thank you… 
Lisa Naymola

This artist's contact information is:

1 comment:

Jarede said...

Love your technique - innovative and original. Hugs ~~