Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Flower Project


10/06/2010

Since the Fall of 2009, I have been inspired by the beauty of flowers. They are all around us. One only has to look, perhaps, into our neighbor's yard, or our own. Chicago is filled with gardens and conservatories, but this tulip, growing wild, came from my daughter's garden.

I picked it and placed it into a vase and, on her back deck at 6:30 in the morning, when the sun was low, I quickly captured this beauty. My new Nikon 105 Macro performed well.



One afternoon, while getting some essential groceries, I purchased a bundle of tulips for my very dear girlfriend, Maria. She loves purple. Within 3 days the petals began falling quickly, one by one. The coffee table in the living room is almost black, and I saw a quick composition with these petals. Taken with my Nikon 17-55mm 2.8, under natural lighting, I was pleased with this outcome, and I have made mental notes for future indoor compositions during the coming cold winter months.


No comments: