Saturday, March 12, 2011

Featured Artisan - Denise Brobst

.

Title: Shy
Image © Denise Brobst

Title: Light & Shadow Catch
Image © Denise Brobst

Title: Purple Blooms
Image © Denise Brobst

Title: Heart Row
Image © Denise Brobst

Title: Iris Surprise
Image © Denise Brobst

Biography

By Denise Brobst

My interest in art goes back to when I was growing up. From my early memories, I recall appreciating art of different mediums and genres.  One of my favorite places to visit was, and still is, the Art Institute in Chicago.  Experiencing the beautiful art of the masters inspired me to create art of my own.

Through the years I have experimented with a variety of art forms.  A few years ago my husband bought me my first digital camera and that was the beginning of a passion for photography that has continued to grow in me.

Photography challenges my creativity and has helped me to grow as an artist.  I like to explore and have fun discovering things to photograph. Through my photos, I want to give others the opportunity to see the world from my perspective: the delicate curves of a flower, the geometric patterns and shapes of a cityscape, the things we so easily miss as we go about our day. 

My goal is to develop and grow my own style of story telling through my photo compositions and to create images that will leave a lasting impression.

To see more images from this artist, visit her gallery at:

1 comment:

Jarede said...

Denise - I adore your flowers but your image titled "Shy" is lovely and a total inspiration. Thank you for sharing.